Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Review

Intuitive to use, excellent technical support, and it is easy to get data whenever we need it

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to store all of the bank's data.

How has it helped my organization?

The SQL Server Reporting Services makes it very easy to get the data whenever we need it.

What is most valuable?

We are also using it as a manual data quality tool, where we can write the queries and then generate reports based on the data that we have.

The interface is intuitive.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is in minor need of improvement so that they can solve problems in a more timely manner. Some of them take too long to solve.

I have been using this product for approximately eight years.

Although we had issues with stability, they were network-related issues and had nothing to do with the product itself.

Scalability-wise, it is good. There are more than 50 people currently using it in my organization. Their roles are from the director down to the analyst level.

Technical support is excellent and I would rate them a nine out of ten.

My only complaint about the technical support is that sometimes, they don't solve the problem immediately.

I have been using this solution since the beginning and we did not switch.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The price is pretty good.

Next year, we will be completely moving to the cloud in Azure where we will be building data factories.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this product is to consider that it is straightforward to use, and given that it is Microsoft, they can move to the cloud at any time with Azure.

For me, I have never had any trouble using this product.

Overall, we are very much satisfied with this product. I find it user-friendly and there are minimum outages. We did have problems related to our network but as an application, it's excellent. Our only complaint is that technical support wasn't always able to help us right away.

More Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services reviews from users