MongoDB Review

Easy to use, very stable and I am impressed by the speed

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to directly monitor public services.

How has it helped my organization?

I like that this solution helps us to manage our allowed time on the release date or entry, but if you have a conventional application where you have to make a lot of queries with the joints, you have to mix the information of several tables. You cannot go to a non-relational database, you have to go to an Oracle or MariaDB or whatever. But if you have other queries like smaller tables with a lot of resistance, MongoDB will be okay.

What is most valuable?

MongoDB is very valuable for us due to the large amount of entries that we can install in the database. The solution makes it very easy for us to develop with these databases. It is also easy for development and to list all our entries in a single table.

What needs improvement?

We find it difficult to incorporate MongoDB in some projects. It's also very complicated to join different tables. For example, MongoDB works very well with the note GS Java Script. But when you try to develop in Java, it is not so easy. So the integration is not very simple.

My colleagues, however, reported that it's easy to manage the database. I also know that it is very easy to make an application in Java scripts.

I have been using the solution for two years now.

We haven't had any issues with stability since we started using this solution two years ago.

We're not currently using the alert implementation of MongoDB, but it's enough for us and we can escalate to put in more machines if we like. We are not using that many implementations.

We don't use the technical support because we have our own technical team that can help us.

We use MariaDB as the main product of the company, but we find it difficult to fine-tune the database and to increase our services. We also have problems with queries. So we implemented MongoDB with MariaDB because MariaDB doesn't have the same capabilities and now we can do some fine-tuning of the database.

The initial setup was very easy and we did everything ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be not to use MongoDB for complex business applications or difficult queries. There are some integration issues that need to improve, so I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. Still, it is a very good product that is user-friendly and it works fast.