Mule Anypoint Platform Review

A solution with good integration and stability with a very straightforward setup

What is most valuable?

The solution's market place for different kinds of integration platforms is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved, especially when you need help with more technical aspects of the solution.

I've been using the product for the last few years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any serious technical problems.

The solution is scalable.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment didn't take long; maybe a few days. You only need a small team of three to five people for deployment and maintenance.

We had consultants assist us with the implementation.

We have seen a return on investment, but I cannot speak to the details.

There are no other fees beyond the standard licensing costs.

We did evaluate other options. The community around Mule and the platform were big selling points for us. There's a lot of great technical articles that help. We also had several other similar cases, which were already running on Mule.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model. We used to use the on-premises model, but we moved over to the cloud.

I would advise others considering using the solution to do some kind of small project to start. Then, when you scale to a more production-like architecture, that's when you need the support and help. If you don't have it there in-house, you need to find that support. All of those tricky details which you maybe didn't do in that first phase, you need to do, and proper support will help. Make sure you have it.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but we got into some technical setups where we needed more expertise. We had to wait for that expertise. We got it, finally, through consultants, but we expected to get it more from the company. All they could do for us was point us in the direction of where we could get help.