NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Review

Removes the complexity of having to do SPAN sessions, but interface needs to be easier to understand

What is our primary use case?

Visibility into the network is our primary use case.

We're just starting to use the solution for unified communication application performance, but we're not there yet.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution provides us with increased visibility while conducting an IT deployment.

It also helps us get to root cause quickly. We've had some voice issues, unified communication issues, over the last few months, and it gave insight that the voice team didn't have. We could actually pin it down to the point that we had a bad DSP box.

It has cut our overall troubleshooting time. It's taken the complexity of having to do SPAN sessions from the core and other places, by just going straight to this tool and applying the proper filters and getting the information.

What is most valuable?

The details it provides are among the most valuable features; the ability to drill down and get to the packet level.

What needs improvement?

I like the Dependency Mapping the solution provides. I wish there was a better way to show large groups, greater than 500, instead of just not displaying anything.

I would like to see it closer to more of an APM-type, or at least have that availability to compete with APM - the AppDynamics and solutions like that. I feel it's a natural step to at least have that available.

Also, some integrations with ticketing systems like ServiceNow would be helpful.

Less than one year.

Overall, it seems to function really well. We've only had one issue, but that was due to a power outage. It seems to perform well in a virtualized environment and I don't have anything bad to say about the stability.

I haven't had to use technical support yet.

The sales engineer helped me, and I got a lot of help from the website itself.

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared to invest a lot of your own personal time to get the best use out of the system.

Regarding the single pane of glass view, you've got to have a lot of time on the console. Even though it's single pane, you've got to be able to at least get all the phrasing and catch stuff located properly.

I would give nGenius a seven out of ten. I think it could have an easier to understand interface. Other than that it would be a 10.

More NETSCOUT nGeniusONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Pulseway
Proactively manage your network traffic

Find out how nGeniusONE can help you to gain greater visibility into your network and keep things running as they should. Contact NETSCOUT to get more information.