NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Review

It benefits us by finding situations in our networks that we don't know exist

What is our primary use case?

Detecting network issues which aren't obvious, more than just node alarms.

How has it helped my organization?

It benefits us by finding situations in our networks that we don't know exist.

It helps us get to the root cause quickly. It helps us find massive error codes, then we drill down on that error code, knowing that is the source of our problem.

What is most valuable?

It is on the wire. We see everything: all the packets.

I have a positive impression of the single pane of glass view. The feature is nice. Everything is structured around a drill down, starting with one pane, then drilling down.

What needs improvement?

It is a good product with a few limitations. It is so complex and takes a bit of training to figure out. We need better training, so we can take this complex solution and implement it more easily.

Change the font size on the grid in nGeniusONE so the names of the grids will all fit on the grid tiles. The font is so large that you can't see the name.

The stability is mostly good. However, we just had an outage.

We haven't scaled much. Talking to other customers, it sounds like it scales well.

The technical support is mostly good. They could improve a bit with quicker responses for early on questions. What I think are simple questions are taking a long time to get answers to.

We wanted visibility that we did not have with our tools at the time. We had an Ericsson type solution, which we added this solution to.

The initial setup was complex. It was hard to know what to tap and how to tap. We are still wrestling with TAPs and light levels, then filtering.

We deployed the solution in-house.

This solution has cut our overall troubleshooting time by several days. It has helped increase our application/network uptime.

We have engineers spending less time troubleshooting the network. That has to have some return on investment.

NETSCOUT was sitting on the wire. The other vendors that we looked at were taking flows from network nodes instead of sitting on the wire, and we liked the wire better.

What other advice do I have?

NETSCOUT is a good product, but you need to spend the time training-wise to figure it out and make it useful.

More NETSCOUT nGeniusONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Pulseway
Proactively manage your network traffic

Find out how nGeniusONE can help you to gain greater visibility into your network and keep things running as they should. Contact NETSCOUT to get more information.