Nuxeo Review

A content management engine for information sharing, automation, and workflows.

What is most valuable?

The killing feature is a one month free trial. The content management engine is powerful. Just download, install, and go! The tricky part is active directory synchronization, but it is not so difficult to configure. It is a very good product.

Configuration and tweaking is very easy with Nuxeo Studio:

• Nuxeo Studio is a full graphical configuration tool, well documented and very easy to implement, test, and tweak.
  • Nuxeo Studio can be used with a one month free trial (which I did).
  • Nuxeo content management engine is powerful and can be adjusted to any need (user interface, document types, automations, workflows).

How has it helped my organization?

The private cloud ECM for multiple users. Information is shared and goes faster with more transparency and efficiency.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is too high. Nuxeo Studio has a fixed price, no matter the number of active users is. The price of approximately €20,000 is not affordable for small businesses.

I have been using this product for two months.

We have not encountered any stability issues. We'll see in a few months.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. We'll see in a few months.

The web community is very active and there are plenty of technical resources. Nuxeo publishes a lot of clear and complete documentation.

An MS Access database was our "solution" for arrival mail management. Obviously, we switched as soon as possible.

The initial setup was straightforward:

• Needs analysis and installation (one month)
  • Configuration using Nuxeo Studio (one month)
  • Tests and minor adaptations (one month)

If you have more than 100 active users, then buy a Nuxeo Studio license without hesitation. For smaller businesses, use its 30-day trial. You can then enjoy the XML file configuration.

We evaluated Alfresco and Cincom.

What other advice do I have?

You need good knowledge in UNIX systems and Java/XML development. Add some hours to read the Nuxeo documentation. Then go!

8.3
Find out what your peers are saying about Nuxeo, Alfresco, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.