Oracle Analytics Cloud Review

Has a fast and friendly interface for data exploration from multiple sources

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Analytics DV, which is included in Oracle Analytics Cloud, for data exploration over our payables, accounting, revenue, procurement, spend, and locations data.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Analytics DV is amazing as it's giving the power to the users without involving IT.

What is most valuable?

The features that we find most valuable are:

• Amazing interface, which is user-friendly and ultra fast.
  • ExplAIn function, which is an AI feature that allows you to create dashboards automatically.
  • The best feature may be data flow, which is used to prepare and clean data.
  • Mobile/NLP allows us to create a quick report without knowing how to use the tool.
  • The fact you can connect to multiple data sources and create a dashboard that is sourced by all of them, in five minutes!

What needs improvement?

The product should be improved in terms of connectors; right now the top twenty connectors are available, but OneDrive and Teradata are missing.

Less than one year.

We have had no issues with stability, and it has been very stable for almost a year now.

The scalability is amazing. It is very easy to scale up and down. You can use a script to scale down or turn off during the week's end, and scale up during the month's end financial close.

Prior to the current solution, we used OBIEE, and we wanted to have the newer version.

Do not plan to use a lot of OCPUs (Oracle Compute Units), as the platform is really fast. If you have two thousand users, you can use eight OCPU or even four OCPU. It's enough!

Bottom line, the cost is really, really cheap compared to other solutions. Oracle has made a huge effort on the pricing.

We evaluated and considered using Cognos, Tableau, and Qlik. However, we needed a self-service BI and data exploration platform. Security was also the first consideration.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Analytics DV is not just a data visualization tool like Tableau or Power BI, but an entire data platform. Users can connect to multiple data sources including Snowflake, Oracle, and Redshift, and they can perform data preparation with complex formulas. They can create an Essbase cube in a click, replicate tables, store millions of lines in memory, analyze data using AI with the ExplAIn function, and create machine learning models.