Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

An easy-to-use storage solution for consolidating fast file and object storage

What is our primary use case?

The customer decides what he wants to do, and then we create a solution for them.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, I can't think of anything that needs to be improved; however, the feature that we're waiting on is better integration with the cell services. I know Pure has a company that's working on the cell system, but it's still not completely there yet.

I have been using Pure Storage FlashBlade for three years.

Stability-wise, it's fine; however, we have one system at a customer's site that has had a lot of problems over the last year — I think maintenance was required over seven times before everything was corrected. Now the system works fine, it's not a problem.

It's as scalable as we need it to be.

Their technical support is not an issue at all — they're great.

I have a little bit of experience with NetApp, but we don't sell the latest NetApp systems. In the past, we worked with NetApp — it's a good filing system.

For me, the initial setup is very straightforward. If there is something you have to change in the beginning, then you can just directly call support; however, as a partner, it's sometimes a little difficult to do. If we're doing some active cluster setups, then we always have to call support to integrate the active cluster — to enable the active cluster. That's something I think we could do by ourselves — that's something that could be changed.

The price is a little high, but I'm not the guy who is selling it to the customer — I only design the solution. Price-wise, somebody else's has to make a decision about it.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

I would recommend this solution to other interested companies because it's extremely fast. That's the biggest reason why we recommend it to our customers.

More Pure Storage FlashBlade reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Pure Storage, Red Hat, Qumulo and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.