Pure Storage FlashBlade Review

Plug-and-play, easy to use solution with good cost-benefits

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for storage management.

How has it helped my organization?

We needed a separate storage device because we have a large amount of data. The cost benefits of this storage have improved my organization.

Has simplified storage because it is easy to use. It's plug-and-play. We don't need too much support or technical support to be able to start using it.

There has been a reduction in the total cost of ownership by around 20%.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us would be that it's a good cost-benefit solution for storing large amounts of data compared to other solutions in the market.

What needs improvement?

We haven't been able to use much of the cloud area of Pure Storage. We have a storage server and it would be better if it could integrate with other cloud features of this solution.

It's stable.

Scalability is good.

I'm not directly involved with the technical support but I haven't heard any complaints or any issues about it. The vendor helped us to install and deploy the solution.

I would rate this solution a nine. The only reason I wouldn't give it a ten is because the servers are a little big. We have seen smaller products with the same storage capacity. We switched because we were looking for a solution that could meet our data storage and performance needs. We researched the costs for different storage solutions and Pure Storage was the one that fit our needs. Its cost-benefit was the most valuable part for us.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The vendor helped us to install and gear it. We had a good experience with them and didn't have any issues.

What other advice do I have?

Nowadays we have plenty of data storage solutions in the market. Pure Storage is very fast, very straightforward. The price was nice. I believe that in terms of at least storage needs, it filled its role very well.