qTest Review

Agile Lifecycle Testing, Requirements Management, And Mapping To Test Cases

What is most valuable?

Provides agile lifecycle testing, requirements management, and mapping to test cases. Simple interface and good reporting. Good integration with JIRA. Importing and exporting artifacts is quite easy. Also, some automation integration with popular test frameworks to provide true end-to-end test case execution.

How has it helped my organization?

Organization was managing test cases using Excel, so bringing in any tool was helpful indeed. But in addition, this tool allows greater requirements and coverage tracking. Integration with automation allows testers to initiate test cases from the test case management tool itself with no additional work to mark results explicitly in the management tool.

What needs improvement?

There is some room for improving the documentation for the APIs that they expose. It is limited and requires some trial/error to figure out.

15 months.

Not so far.

Not so far.

Good. Eight out of 10.

Used Excel for test case management and evaluated open source TestLink for some time. Being an open source tool it did not have many features. Used Rational Quality Manager in previous organization but it did not have as much third party tool integration options or automation integration

Deployed on Cloud. Using it as a service. So no comments on setup but configuration needed for our organization and projects was fairly simple.

I can't comment, I wasn't involved.

I can't comment, I wasn't involved.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite easy to use and integrate with any popular tools you might already be using. Would definitely recommend.