RabbitMQ Review

We use it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines.

What is most valuable?

Message queue, because it is easy to use, reliable, not a big load.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines, which improves performance several times.

What needs improvement?

Improve the ability to handle the large message load.

People usually use RabbitMQ as the lightweight messenger, if they have a large message load people are inclined to use Kafka. But at the beginning stage of most projects, the data is small, people do not need to use a Kafka type of messenger, they are more likely to use RabbitMQ. If RabbitMQ can handle the large message load and support ordered delivery, with the project growing, data bigger, people can still use RabbitMQ and wouldn't need to find another tool to use like Kafka which is much more convenient.

Half a year.

Didn’t have issues.

Didn’t have issues.

Very good. 8/10.

Simple. We followed the tutorial about RabbitMQ with Python.

We are using it internally with a very small data load in the developing period, which is free right now.

Yes, I evaluated Kafka.

Kafka is more suitable to large amount events in order. RabbitMQ is more suitable to the related small amount of messages, which is my situation and I don’t care about the message order.

What other advice do I have?

RabbitMQ is a very easy to use and reliable message broker. If the work has a relatively small message load, RabbitMQ is the most robust and reliable choice.