Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
We use it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines.

Valuable Features

Message queue, because it is easy to use, reliable, not a big load.

Improvements to My Organization

We are using it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines, which improves performance several times.

Room for Improvement

Improve the ability to handle the large message load.

People usually use RabbitMQ as the lightweight messenger, if they have a large message load people are inclined to use Kafka. But at the beginning stage of most projects, the data is small, people do not need to use a Kafka type of messenger, they are more likely to use RabbitMQ. If RabbitMQ can handle the large message load and support ordered delivery, with the project growing, data bigger, people can still use RabbitMQ and wouldn't need to find another tool to use like Kafka which is much more convenient.

Use of Solution

Half a year.

Didn’t have issues.

Didn’t have issues.

Very good. 8/10.

Simple. We followed the tutorial about RabbitMQ with Python.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We are using it internally with a very small data load in the developing period, which is free right now.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, I evaluated Kafka.

Kafka is more suitable to large amount events in order. RabbitMQ is more suitable to the related small amount of messages, which is my situation and I don’t care about the message order.

Other Advice

RabbitMQ is a very easy to use and reliable message broker. If the work has a relatively small message load, RabbitMQ is the most robust and reliable choice.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.