Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
We use it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines.

Valuable Features:

Message queue, because it is easy to use, reliable, not a big load.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are using it to distribute pieces of some large jobs to multiple machines, which improves performance several times.

Room for Improvement:

Improve the ability to handle the large message load.

People usually use RabbitMQ as the lightweight messenger, if they have a large message load people are inclined to use Kafka. But at the beginning stage of most projects, the data is small, people do not need to use a Kafka type of messenger, they are more likely to use RabbitMQ. If RabbitMQ can handle the large message load and support ordered delivery, with the project growing, data bigger, people can still use RabbitMQ and wouldn't need to find another tool to use like Kafka which is much more convenient.

Use of Solution:

Half a year.

Stability Issues:

Didn’t have issues.

Scalability Issues:

Didn’t have issues.

Very good. 8/10.

Initial Setup:

Simple. We followed the tutorial about RabbitMQ with Python.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We are using it internally with a very small data load in the developing period, which is free right now.

Other Solutions Considered:

Yes, I evaluated Kafka.

Kafka is more suitable to large amount events in order. RabbitMQ is more suitable to the related small amount of messages, which is my situation and I don’t care about the message order.

Other Advice:

RabbitMQ is a very easy to use and reliable message broker. If the work has a relatively small message load, RabbitMQ is the most robust and reliable choice.

0 Comments