RabbitMQ Review

Allows for a fully asynchronous solution. Using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, we can scale the number of consumers or receivers.

What is most valuable?

Allowing for a fully asynchronous solution is crucial for this particular feature. The seamless nature of creating and connecting to a queue makes it really easy to code and understand. Pivotal Cloud Foundry allows us to easily scale the number of consumers (or receivers) as well. So far, no hiccups have been found with the PCF implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

RabbitMQ allows for asynchronous solutions where previously everything was synchronous.

What needs improvement?

The product works pretty well, but one small thing could be an improvement to the monitoring site. It could be a little bit more modern, instead of postback refreshing, etc.

We have been using Rabbit for a while and I started integrating it into the mobile project a few months ago.

Every so often, I need to clear out the queue during development. This could be a symptom of something else, but unpacked requests tend to get trapped in the queue at times.

PCF allows us to scale the consumers.

I haven't used any technical support yet.

To my knowledge, this is the only queuing system my company has used.

Thanks to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, initial setup was straightforward. We simply created a new RabbitMQ service, obtained credentials for the queue and started developing.

I personally have not explored other queuing solutions, but have used Akka HTTP, with is a fully asynchronous web server of sorts. It's not a queuing system, but I mention it because of the asynchronous behavior. RabbitMQ was perfect for our current solution, however.

What other advice do I have?

The RabbitMQ documentation is pretty good. I'd only suggest making sure to read through it for the implementation language of your choice first.