SAP Cloud Platform Review

Stable with good CPS and project management capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for ERP purposes. We cover finance, research and development, program management, and HR.

What is most valuable?

At the moment the most valuable aspects of the solution are the project management and finance features.

The CPS is very good.

It's suitable for various sizes of companies. I have used it with big companies and with small ones as well.

The BI design is simple compared to other SAP products.

What needs improvement?

For our organization, the price is the main downside. They should work to reduce the cost. This specifically affects small companies who would like to use it.

The solution should work to simplify its offering to make it more consumable for users, especially new users.

The solution requires more flexibility overall.

I understand that in the future, they will be offering open source ERP, which will be quite useful.

I have been using SAP for 25 years now.

The stability is quite good. There are always bugs and issues to resolve, but in terms of impacting the business, I haven't noticed much.

We have about 300 people using the solution currently. Starting from where we did, at 100 users, all the way up to 300 users, we haven't scaled much. If a company scales up to 5,000 I don't know what will happen. We haven't tried to make that jump.

The BI design is used every day. The cloud platform is used for the special developments we have, so we use it often as well.

We've been in touch with technical support. They are pretty good. I'd rate them 3.5 out of five. They aren't perfect, and could be improved, but overall they are okay.

We have previously used different solutions. We've used Microsoft products where they create more capabilities more frequently, and we've used Google's platform. Google is similar to SAP in that it's more scalable and easy to consume. We've also used Oracle, which is very similar.

In comparison to other SAP offerings, the solution is quite simple. There is no technical installation so you just consume it readily. However, the business configuration can take up to a year depending on a company's complexity. In our case, it took seven months.

In terms of maintenance, the work is done by SAP, so it's a real low-maintenance solution for clients. For the responsibilities that the customer has to perform on their side, however, they might need one person.

There were many teams involved in the implementation, including program management services and SAP partners. We didn't completely handle the installation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're SAP customers.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd advise other companies to do an assessment with their internal employees or internal functional heads before jumping into any solution. It shouldn't be just one person doing the assessment. They should all do it together and select the product collectively.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other
More SAP Cloud Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about SAP Cloud Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.