SAP PowerDesigner Review

PowerDesigner is more powerful than Erwin, including data modeling which is non-existent with Erwin.

Valuable Features

The customized Data Model validation because, in short, PowerDesigner offers the capability to check if the the model was done following the best practices of data modeling . This capability can be customized to review other internal validation processes.

Improvements to My Organization

Less time spent with Data Administrators and therefore more agile approvals Data Model. This is because the Data Administrator spend less time in Logical Model validation, as PowerDesigner does the majority of the checks.

Use of Solution

Approximately one year.

I have not used them.

I have not used them.

I previously used Erwin and I switched because PowerDesigner is a more powerful tool. PowerDesigner is more powerful than Erwin in many ways, but to highlight one, the capability mentioned about the Data Modeling is non-existent on Erwin and in my opinion, it is very important.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were evaluated.

1 Comment
Enterprise Data Architect at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employeesReal User

The heading of this review is rather misleading, because it implies that Erwin does not support data modeling ... which is obviously not true.

02 March 17