SAP PowerDesigner Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Giuseppe Platania
Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with self employed
May 22 2017

What do you think of SAP PowerDesigner?

What is most valuable?: Data modelling • How has it helped my organization?: Collaborative modelling • What needs improvement?: The meta-model (a.k.a. how objects are supposed to be connected to each other) seems to be proprietary. • For how long have I used the solution?: I have used it for six months. • What was my experience with deployment of the solution?: We have not encountered any deployment issues. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: No issues with stability. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: No issues with scalability. • How is customer service and technical support?: Customer Service: Customer service is good... for a price. Technical Support: Technical support is good... for a price. • Which...
Karel Van Der Walt
Data Architect/Data Scientist with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 23 2017

What is most valuable?

* Meta-model * Template generation * Library Models The publicly accessible meta-model is the foundation for utility scripts, report, and... more»

How has it helped my organization?

* Impact Analysis * Traceability Set of models with a rich set of intramodal and intermodal dependencies, which caters for modelling of upstream... more»

What needs improvement?

Reverse-engineering of late JDK and .NET. Use third party parsers and enhance Object-Oriented metamodel to cater for newer language features.

What other advice do I have?

Use source reference models for your industry and implement as library models.
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Sparx Systems, erwin and others in Architecture Management.
305,292 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cuauhtemoc Guillermo DueñasGomez
User
Enterprise Architect at a Consumer Goods with 201-500 employees
Oct 15 2018

What do you think of SAP PowerDesigner?

What is our primary use case?: Improving retail company operations on ERP migration The report wizard is extensive and useful. You can import BPMN from Bizagi. • How has it helped my organization?: It has helped me to develop the as-is state, design its to-be state, and track the capital investment according to gap analysis. • What is most valuable?: The wizard report links directly to MS Word and is very useful. The matrix processes and capabilities are good tools. It is easy and fast to use. • What needs improvement?: The UML simulation should be improved to avoid designing other tools out of the application.  The data governance should be improved, like ER/Studio. • For how long have I used the solution?: More than five years. • Which solutions did we use...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About SAP PowerDesigner

305,292 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SAP PowerDesigner Questions

SAP PowerDesigner Projects By Members

SAP PowerDesigner Consultants

What is SAP PowerDesigner?

Plan and manage complex business transformation initiatives with SAP PowerDesigner. The software’s data modeling tools let you build a blueprint of your current enterprise architecture and visualize the impact of change before it happens. Automatically capture architecture layers and requirements, tap into a powerful metadata repository, and share discoveries with your team.

Also known as
Sybase PowerDesigner
SAP PowerDesigner customers

Medtronic, Cirque du Soleil, Antarc, B&G Manufacturing, EarlySense, eBay, Ferrero, James Austin Company, Lenovo, Sagem, RAK Ceramics, Vodafone

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Architecture Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Sparx Systems, erwin, and more!