Selenium HQ Review

We use it as a base product for automation, reducing the time for regression testing and improving the quality that we deliver.

Valuable Features

This product doesn’t need a license and doesn’t cost anything. In the consulting companies every cent matters so it’s not easy to introduce a paid product without good background. It’s even harder to sell this idea to customer.

Improvements to My Organization

Automation testing improves the quality we deliver and reduce the time for regression testing.

Room for Improvement

Actually I’m quite happy with that product.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for at least six years. Usually I use Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, and C#. In some projects we can use WeDriver IO and JS. Tests run using Remote Phantom. But as a base product for automation I use lately Selenium as it’s a free product.

No, usually it works perfectly fine in any platforms and languages. Fits any servers including Azure and has no problems to run the tests.

As it’s a free product there is no customer support but there is a community that takes in consideration all found bugs for further improvement.

For about 10 years ago I used TestComplete for Windows Forms to write the regression suite for application. I didn’t choose this product, it was a part of the solution by the time I started to work there. As I remember it was a great product but it requires the license. It can be good for the product company which I was working in but it doesn’t fit consulting companies.

It’s really easy to set up Selenium tests. Usually you need to make a framework which you can you as a part of setup project in any project later.

Other Advice

Just try it.