Selenium HQ Review

Valuable Features

• Automate any web page by providing URL
  • One can use any programming language such as Ruby, Java, Python and few others
  • Support for several types of locators
  • Cross browser support

Improvements to My Organization

We run automated test cases after every deployment. The product helped us to implement continuous integration and worry free deployment process.

Room for Improvement

I had issues testing a flash application with Selenium Webdriver.

Use of Solution

I've used it for five years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

It is an open source product with a strong user base and lot of user community support.

I have briefly used QTP. There are a few reasons.It is an open-source tool and it has cross browser support. Testers can run automated test cases in different browser, and QA engineers can write test cases in his/her choice of language such as Java, Ruby, Python and a few others.

The set up is straightforward if you have a programming background.

ROI

It is an open source tool but price in terms of time it is totally worth it. It saves us lot of time and cost once implemented. The cross browser testing functionality helped us to find issues quicker in specific browsers.

Other Advice

The product has record and play back tool but it is always better to write your own code and implement the framework.

1 Comment
Michelle XIEReal UserLEADERBOARD

Jenkins is free and it has so many plugins even.
I experienced 2 migrations to Jenkins from TeamCity and CircleCI because of the growing automation needs.
(Sorry, I wanted to post this comment in the Build tools area. And it seems I cannot delete this comment now.)

05 January 17