For how long have you used this product?
- 6 months
Which features of this product are most valuable to you?
- Agile development of dashboards & reports
- I like SiSense's agility in building the report and analysis. It's report development environment is fast, easy-to-use and sees results instantly. It's easy to build reports with business users together and going through multiple iterations in a short period of time.
- Manage unified data model & data mash-up.
- The ability to define unified data-model universes is imperative to build an enterprise-level BI solution. SiSense's ElastiCube allows us to do just that.
- To crunch large amount of data fast.
- We found that Sisense performs in large volume of data without heavy investment in hardware and IT expertise. The setup was fast and not much tuning was required.
Can you give an example of how this product has improved the way your organization functions?
- We reduced the report / analysis delivery time from weeks to days.
- The BI team is able to sit with the business user and build reports on-demand, making changes instantly and see the results.
- The business becomes much more agile in analysis, thereby responds faster to changes in the market and products.
What areas of this product have room for improvement?
- Sisense needs to improve the ability to build more complicated reports, such as merging two dimensions of the same type on-demand in one report.
- For example, business's wants to know the user signup-to-usage ratio by country. Both the signup and usage have country dimensions. The two country dimensions are same in attribute type but different in context. SiSense doesn't allow you to join the two countries dimensions on-the-fly in the report.
- Sisense needs to improve its security and permission management capability.
- We find it difficult to define user roles and permission rules to fine-control the data allowed to be access by different business users.
- Sisense needs to improve the capability to distribute analysis / reports via different channels.
- It's hard to implement distribution reports by email.
Did you encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability?
- Not much.
- SiSense has done a good job to make deployment simple and straight-forward. It's very stable and could handle failures gracefully. We are crunching hundreds of GB's of data without scalability issues.
Did you previously use a different solution and if so, why did you switch?
- We used the SAP Business Objects SME solution prior to this. BO is powerful but cumbersome. It has many overlapping components doing similar things because the M&A over many years from different solutions that SAP acquired. It's doesn't fit the culture and circumstance of our business well.
- We decided to switch to SiSense after comparing multiple vendor solutions. We favor SiSense for its light investment, quick deployment, agile development and fast response to changes.
Before choosing this product, did you evaluate other options? If so, which ones?
- Yes, we evaluated:
Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy, Microsoft Suite, IBM / Cognos, Tibco Spotfire, SAP BusObj, EDGE, Info Builders, LogiXML and JasperSoft.
- We found that SiSense provides a solution that is best in supporting our business to respond to our market challenges.
How would you rate the level of customer service and technical support?
- 4.5 out of 5
Was the initial setup straightforward or complex? In what ways?
- It's straightforward.
- It's the simplest setup I have ever had among these BI solutions.
Did you implement through a vendor team or an in-house one?
If through a vendor team, how would you rate their level of expertise?
- We implemented the solution In-house.
What is your ROI on this product?
- I don't have the exact numbers now, but I would say it's the best BI investment we had.
What was your original setup cost for this product and what is your day-to-day cost of using this product?
- We are under SiSense's annual subscriptions for under $10,000 per year.
What advice would you give to others looking into implementing this product?
- Start small
- Try out the solution in one team or department, for one business domain, and then extend to the whole organization and cross-domain analysis.
- Engage business users
- BI team or analysts could sit with business users and build the reports together. Building reports in SiSense is fast enough for you to do that.
- SiSense is best fit for organizations in a constant-changing market that have large amount of data and constantly explore different ways in analysis.
- Look closely at SiSense's security / permission management capabilities if you have complicated data security and permission requirements. I found it limited and difficult to implement when a complicated scenario arose.