SonicWall TZ Review

Very stable, good support, easy to configure, and useful for content filtering and defining application rules

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for VPN, firewall, antivirus, and content filtering purposes. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Content filtering and application rules are the most valuable features. It is also easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing can be better. It is very expensive.

I have been using this solution for around ten years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. I didn't have any issues with scalability. Our clients are small organizations with 20 to 40 users.

Their technical support is very good. I also like its documentation, which is easy to access.

Our clients have been using different solutions, such as pfSense, and they migrate to SonicWall TZ because it has more security.

Its initial setup is simple. The duration depends on the number of users and configuration, but it usually takes around 12 hours. We have three or four people for its deployment.

Its price is very high, which makes it difficult to convince the clients to buy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for implementing security. I am satisfied with this solution. It meets our expectations.

I would rate SonicWall TZ a nine out of ten.

More SonicWall TZ reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall TZ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.