SonicWall TZ Review

Easy to set up with good pricing and a variety of security features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use TZ300 for our branch offices.

What is most valuable?

The price of the solution is great. It's a very cost-effective solution.

There are a lot of security features - including Capture Client, URL filtering, content filtering, application filtering, et cetera, and they are all very useful in terms of protecting our company.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be a lot better. The SonicOS, which we were using, was not that stable. Sometimes it is not performing as expected as per the policies we have set.

The log, the logging capabilities, are not so good. For example, the logging for traffic logs was not being stored properly. The logging must support some storage space. If there is a storage device or storage mechanism within it we would be able to get the log easier.

We've been using the solution over the last 12 months or so. It's been a while.

We haven't found the solution to be very stable. t doesn't operate as we expect it to sometimes. We'd like it to be better, performance-wise.

We currently have 20-25 users in our branch offices. We started with 15 users and therefore we scaled up a bit, however, not in a massive sense. At this point, we likely won't scale anymore.

We have been in touch with technical support and I would say that they are responding fine. We are happy so far with their attention. Occasionally we deal with stability issues and we find that they respond quickly.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It's very straightforward. The whole setup is pretty plug-and-play.

The pricing is very reasonable. It's quite cost-effective. We purchase a license that renews yearly.

We did previously also look at Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners and resellers. I'm a consultant.

I'd advise new users that if they are planning to deploy it for their SMB or have up to 100 users, then they should go with the SonicWall firewall.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

300
More SonicWall TZ reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall TZ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.