SonicWall TZ Review

Easy to set up, stable. and reasonably priced

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall for security purposes. We use it to protect ourselves and our clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution, as a firewall is very useful for any company trying to protect their premise through the internet.

The price of the solution is very reasonable.

The performance has been very good. Overall, the solution is quite stable.

We have found the solution to be scalable.

In general, it's quite a solid product.

The initial setup is quite simple.

What needs improvement?

It's worked well for us over the years. We don't have any special demands in terms of new features. It has everything we need.

Although the pricing is good, it could always be lower. If we get to pay less, we're happier.

We've been working with the solution for about 22 years. It's been over two decades. We've used it for a long time.

The stability of the solution is good. The performance is pretty good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been very good over the years.

The scalability of the product is quite good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so easily.

We have about 200 customers using this solution right now.

We do have plans to increase usage. We're moving more and more towards managing it.

For the SMV market, it's very nice support. We have no complaints. We're happy with the service they provide, especially at the price they offer.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complicated or difficult. A company shouldn't have any problems installing it.

To do an installation might take 15 minutes, then for adding any kind of complexity into the setup, there could be an added four hours or so. It depends on your setup requirements and the environment.

We have two people that handle the maintenance, and we also have one consultant.

We handled it ourselves. We're integrators ourselves. It's very easy to do.

The product offers very competitive pricing, It's quite good. We find it very reasonable.

Users need to pay a licensing fee on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We use various versions of the solution at any given time.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been quite happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

More SonicWall TZ reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall TZ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.