SonicWall TZ Review

Algorithm detects and deals with any kind of malware that comes into our network

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to protect our network.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has a really good algorithm to find and deal with any kind of malware that comes into our network. We have had no incidents at all of any kind of piracy, corruption, etc.

What is most valuable?

In terms of features, I find that this product has good configurability. It also does its job really well.

What needs improvement?

I find that the user interface for the product configuration needs improvement. It is not intuitive when you are trying to figure out how to get something done.

An additional feature that I would like to see is reporting that includes metrics to give me more information about the number of viruses that it has actually detected and interrupted.

I have found the stability of this product to be excellent. It is very stable, and nothing goes wrong. It just works.

I imagine that the product is very scalable, but what we are using is probably one-tenth of its capacity. We have around fifty users.

Their technical support is excellent.

We did not use a different solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us under ten minutes to deploy, from taking it out of the box, plugging it in, and having it up and running.

Beyond this initial setup, everything is automatic and it does not require maintenance.

I handled the installation myself, with some help from their technical support.

I imagine that we have seen a return on our investment, but it is invisible. It is a firewall and we haven't suffered any loss. Had we, then it would have been a lot more than the cost of the device and the license. As far as I'm concerned it pays for itself instantly.

The pricing was a factor for us, and we felt that the price was good.

The licensing cost is on an annual basis, and there are no additional costs.

I did some research on other solutions, and I found that they were all pretty much similar. I was having a very hard time choosing an alternative, so I went with what we already had in place.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others who are implementing this solution is to take advantage of their technical support.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.