SonicWall TZ Review

Easy to use solution that enables us to write rules for our network firewall

What is our primary use case?

We use SonicWall TZ to write rules for our network firewall. You can use the matrix. It's easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

We like the graphic user interface on SonicWall TZ. We use matrix principles to improve our organization.

What is most valuable?

The feature we found most valuable in SonicWall TZ is that it is user-friendly for an administrator.

What needs improvement?

We would like to improve the rules configuration in SonicWall TZ. Sometimes the rules don't work. We cannot prove that the rules don't work. Maybe they can improve that.

Sometimes you write a rule in SonicWall and users are not able to use YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram. Users can see YouTube or Instagram for a while, but five minutes later, they cannot visit the sites.

The additional feature I would like to see included in the next release of this solution are analyzers. They can put it in the software, i.e which users are in which sites.

We need to see which users are on which sites simultaneously. In this edition, it's hard to see. You can just see the IP address. FortiGate has 40 analyzers. Maybe SonicWall can put it in the license for at least three.

We have been using SonicWall TZ for five years.

We have shifted to SonicWall on our customers' sites and sometimes they're not reliable or stable. I don't see SonicWall TZ as stable. It happened after the Dell company bought SonicWall. I see this stability problem rarely, not often.

SonicWall TZ is scalable. The scalability is very good.

We don't need any technical support. We don't have any tickets. We don't have any calls. Customer support is not a problem.

The initial setup is not complex. It's easy. It's about the scale of the company. If we have just 15 employees, the setup takes almost one hour. If the company has 100 employees, it is three hours.

It's the user management that the company wants. They just want to let people go to the internet. If there are no rules or no constraints, it does not take time. It's easy to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product a nine. You can always improve some things.