Sophos Email Review

Good pricing, offers an easy setup, and quite stable

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at covering all of my organization's needs.

I've found the security to be quite good on the product.

The deployment is very easy. It's quite straightforward.

The pricing is great. It's quite fair and not too expensive.

Overall, the product has some great features.

What needs improvement?

The solution seems to be very good at iterating on past editions and continues to improve itself. I don't know if it's truly lacking everything.

It would be great if it was a bit better at protecting from the endpoints.

The solution's technical support is slow and unresponsive. You need to book time in order to get support.

I've been using the solution for about four years now.

The solution is quite stable. We've found it to be very reliable for our organization. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. I've never experienced it crashing or freezing. It's been good.

The solution is scalable. Your organization can easily expand it if you need it to.

Currently, we have around 100 users on the solution. That would be the maximum number of users.

While Fortinet has great technical support and is quite responsive and fast, I've found that Sophos requires its users to book time for support.

Symantec was also quite helpful - more so than Sophos, which still seems to be iroing out details in terms of handling customer queries. They need to be much more responsive.

In the past, I've used Symantec products including Symantec Gateway and Symantec Endpoint Protection. When Symantec bought Barracuda, the pricing became much different. The solution seemed to offer the same features but with much higher pricing. Our company decided to go in a different direction and chose Sophos.

I still like Symantec. I used it for five years and I'm quite familiar with the product.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It's not complex.

The deployment is easy to handle. How long it takes depends on which product you want to use. It's different according to your endpoint, email service, mobile, etc. That said, it's still an easy deployment process.

Our users are able to easily maintain it themselves.

The pricing, in general, if very fair. It's definitely a positive aspect of the solution.

I've looked into Fortinet's server and some related products, however, I likely won't continue looking into them. I'd rather consider Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have any business relationship with the company.

I'm still working with this solution and testing its capabilities. There's still so much to learn about its offerings.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at an eight. If they had better deployments for email security, I might rate them higher.

Hybrid Cloud

More Sophos Email reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Messaging Gateway
Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Microsoft, Fortinet and others in Email Security. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.