Sophos UTM Review

It's provided us with unified threat management as well as comprehensive lists of reports, although we can't currently run 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands simultaneously.

What is most valuable?

• Firewall
  • Intrusion Prevention
  • Web Filtering
  • SMTP Proxy
  • Red (VPN Appliance Box for remote sites)

How has it helped my organization?

The product has provided us with unified threat management as well as comprehensive list of reports.

What needs improvement?

Their new product range which is the new SG Series UTMs, especially the wireless versions, should at least include two radios for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands. Currently we can only run one or the other, but not both.

I've used it for around 18 months.

No at this stage.

Only thing we have noticed as of late was that their firmware updates break something else that was working in a previous version. Only noticing this on some customers though not all customers.

They're great.

I’ve used other products like NetboxBlue, SonicWALL in my previous roles. We chose the Sophos UTM because of pricing, rich feature set and the fact that it can be either a Virtual App or Hardware Appliance.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was done through a wizard and there not much needed doing while setting up the UTM.

We are a reseller so we use the same product that we sell to our customers. That’s how much we love the product.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a Sophos Gold Partner.
More Sophos UTM reviews from users