SSIS Review

In addition to the ETL challenges, it allows us to do DBA activitities, scripting and many other tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

For the full version of the SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS will come as additional features for free. Hence, my organization need not spend extra money for other ETL, reporting and analysis tools. This can give very good flexibility.

What is most valuable?

In SSIS, the scope is not only to handle ETL challenges, but it will allow us to do so many other tasks, such as DBA activities, scripting, calling any .exe or scripts, etc.

What needs improvement?

SSIS can improve in handling different data sources like Salesforce connectivity, Oracle Cloud's connectivity, etc. Also, handling of the different data types will be a big challenge here; so expecting improvement in these areas.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is very good.

Based on the client's requirements, we switched over to this solution.

The setup is straightforward.

We looked at Informatica and DataStage.

What other advice do I have?

Don't worry, go ahead.

1 Comment
Brian DandeneauConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Thanks for the review and keep them coming.

I like what you put in here for improvements. However, don't hold your breath for Oracle Cloud integration. Most Oracle ETL/ELT tools don't have direct cloud integration yet and its not on the roadmap for a few years.
V/r,