SSIS Review

The drag and drop feature makes it an easy to use solution and it has a good user experience

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem version of this solution. Our primary use case of this solution is for integrated data on the SQL server.

What is most valuable?

It has a drag and drop feature that makes it easy to use. It has a good user experience because it takes into account your most-used tools and they're lined up nicely so you can just drag and drop without looking too far. It also integrates nicely with Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of features that could make this solution better.

There were some issues when we tried to connect it to data storage. It was a connection issue. There is also room for improvement in the underlying language.

I have been using this solution for three to four months.

It is stable.

From personal experience, I really can't comment on the scalability, but from what I've seen online, and what I heard from other people is that it scales quite nicely.

I haven't had to contact technical support.

We previously used an in-house solution based on Oracle APEX.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a consultant for the integration.

We chose SSIS because it was a good financial decision. It was the most cost-effective option at the time.

There are many projects for the company that I work for that requires implementation for a client. I started with it because I just wanted to learn about it, and I had the chance to use it because there was an opportunity that opened up to implement it.

What other advice do I have?

If you have data needs and you are a small or medium enterprise this is a good solution. If you are an organization and you're not dealing with terabytes of data, but you still need to analyze data to make that decision, you should go with this solution.

I would rate it a 7.5 out of ten.