Veritas NetBackup Review

Feature-rich, but they need better attack protection

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution mainly for back up and to restore.

What is most valuable?

It's a good product, it does what we want it to do. It has a 99.8% backup success rate, and it runs 24,000 jobs per day.

We like all of the features.

What needs improvement?

The ransomware protection needs improvement.

The reporting tool that you get out of the box is not sufficient, so you have to purchase other tools or modules.

When it's out of the box, the visibility is a problem and it's not very clear. Overall, the visibility into the environment is lacking.

When you come across an issue to present to technical support, you have to enable the verbose logging, and when that happens you are generating huge amounts of log files. I have to wait for this problem to present itself again. I cannot leave it running on verbose logging, as it takes up the capacity from the logs. However, if I don't enable it then I won't be able to locate the issue.

In the next release, I would like to have a better way to protect against ransomware attacks and a better way of logging issues where you don't have to enable the verbose logging to capture the problems.

I have been working with Veritas NetBackup for eight years.

Veritas NetBackup is stable. We have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable solution.

We have a very strong team and haven't had to log many calls with technical support.

We are happy with the pricing that we have, but it's expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that Veritas is a very good product and I recommend it.

It's an expensive tool but it does its job very well. It has a 99.8 % success rate.

I would rate Veritas NetBackup a seven out of ten.

More Veritas NetBackup reviews from users