Veritas NetBackup Review

Efficient deduplication, reasonable price, easy installation, and good stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

It is used to back up the hypervisor. In terms of its version, we keep it updated from time to time, but we are not using its latest version currently.

What is most valuable?

Deduplication is quite efficient. It is not a complex product. It is quite simple.

What needs improvement?

It should be able to integrate with the cloud. If we leverage a cloud in the future for backup, there should be very fast help and more options for customers to choose from.

We have been using this solution for many years.

It is quite stable.

It is scalable. We have less than ten users, and they are mostly the IT staff. We don't have many users because we use a tool to back up from the central file servers. Users don't directly use it to back up on their own, but when a user needs to restore something, they come to IT.

We have a local partner for support, and they contact Veritas. Our local partner is quite okay and experienced in the product.

We were using Backup Instant, which is a smaller version of the Veritas NetBackup solution. We didn't use any other solution.

Its installation is quite straightforward. The deployment can take a week if you have a clear backup requirement.

We have a consultant to help. If you are doing an installation that is related to the hypervisor, you need an engineer for support because of the connected drivers and equipment.

Its price is quite reasonable. The cost depends on the depreciation and the volume. It also depends on the infrastructure. If your infrastructure increases, you would need some more licenses.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to keep using this solution. I would rate Veritas NetBackup an eight out of ten.

More Veritas NetBackup reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Veritas NetBackup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.