Veritas NetBackup Review

Automated the disk-based offsite to the other location as part of the disaster recovery plan.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to:

• Improve the backup success and recovery rate.
  • Reduce the window to backup.
  • Automate database backups.
  • Automate the disk-based offsite to the other location as part of the disaster recovery plan.

What is most valuable?

The Replication Director, Auto Image Replication, Accelerator, Oracle Intelligent Policy, synthetic and VADP backups are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The virtual environment, cloud integration, copy data management features need improvement.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

Initially, we were using IBM TSM and Legato Networker (now EMC NetWorker). However, due to the support and legacy of the product features, we switched over to this solution.

The setup was straightforward, it is easy to configure and user-friendly to administer.

Pricing is pretty costly as compared to the other products but worth investing for the long term and high ROI.

We looked at HPE Data Protector and Commvault.

What other advice do I have?

It is an excellent product, i.e., if you are looking for a stable and performance oriented backup infrastructure with improved RPO and RTO.