VMware RabbitMQ Review

Has the ability to utilize plugins to view the performance of the whole service on one network

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for research purposes. I've utilized it for my academic studies for comparing HTTPS protocols. RabbitMQ supported the protocols I needed and I've read also that it's one of the most commonly used broker services.

What is most valuable?

The solution has really cool features to use. Its management console is excellent. You can utilize plugins to view the performance of the whole service on one network. It's wonderful. I really like it.

What needs improvement?

I was struggling with installing a few things. It would be good if was somewhat similar to RedHat. There should be more documentation regarding installation troubleshooting.

It's pretty straightforward, the setup, but it would be useful to know what to do if you do face certain challenges. Right now, without more in-depth documentation, it's unclear.

I've been using the solution for about one or two months. It's rather new to me.

The solution is very stable, from what I've witnessed so far. It's also a very fast system.

I haven't scaled the solution myself, so I can't speak from personal experience. I have heard that the solution is not so simple to scale because there is a core node beside the solution. There's some sort of smoothing methodology when it comes to the messaging, so I assume it's not so simple.

I've never contacted technical support for assistance.

The initial setup was simple. The first time I installed it, I installed it on Windows. For me, it took about one hour. If a user was facing a few problems, I'd say it could take up to two hours. Typically it's pretty quick to set up because the recommendations are pretty good.

I handled the initial setup myself.

I was considering using ActiveMQ on AWS, but after some research, I decided RabbitMO was a more complex solution and one that is more commonly used, so I chose RabbitMQ over it.

What other advice do I have?

I'm only really using the solution for the purposes of research. I've just installed and am working on the latest version. My interest in the solution is purely academic, so I can't speak to how it would function within an organization.

I'd definitely recommend the solution, especially over HTTP in the Nico services platform. I've done my research and have discovered it's two times faster and more commonly used. It's also really easy to use on the Nico services platform because all of the components are in the cloud.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More VMware RabbitMQ reviews from users