VMware vSAN Review

A storage virtualization software with a useful orchestration feature

What is our primary use case?

We provide it for the government, big banks, and companies in Brazil.

What is most valuable?

I like the orchestration feature. The biggest problem with the hyper-convergence solutions is storage. This is because there's often a problem with the big size of the database. The other problem is how to use and balance VM in storage and CPU memory. When you use vSAN, you have a very good orchestration part. It's the main selling point of vSAN compared to other solutions.

What needs improvement?

Integration could be better. It should be easier to integrate vSAN with the dashboard you have, with Google, and the others. Better integration is very important because the customers need to put the solution inside their company. It's the same dashboard for AWS, the same dashboard on GCP. It's good to see this inside a dashboard. It's very important.

I have been using VMware vSAN since 2015.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give VMware vSAN a nine.

My company is a vSAN implementer.

The price is okay.

A good orchestration solution is SimpliVity. It's a very good choice because you don't have to dedicate much time. But vSAN is also very good. Dell's solution is very similar, but it's a complex tool.

6.5
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More VMware vSAN reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about VMware vSAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.