VMware vSAN Review

Gives us flexibility to move machines around without hesitation, but UI could be better

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is bringing redundancy into our plants for failover. It has been performing great.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexibility, the ability to move the machines around without hesitation.

What needs improvement?

The UI could certainly be better. The inside into what's actually going on with vSAN would be nice to know.

There have been a few issues, but VWware support has been tremendous in resolving them, so it's been good.

Scalability is easy to do. It's just drop-and-add and you're good.

The process with technical support is pretty good. Escalation up to the top-tier engineers is really good. We have a direct path there. There are no problems with tech support.

We probably already reached our ROI aftertwo and a half years.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure your storage network is strong. But I would recommend vSAN.

It's a pretty solid product now that's it's at 6.5 Update 2. I know that it's going to get better, but right now I'm pretty happy with where we're at. I would rate it at seven out of ten. Nothing's perfect. There's always room for improvement.