Windows Server Review

Great UI, easy to use, straightforward deployment, and many applications available

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to install and use applications on it.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very user friendly, easy to use for any system administrator, simple to deploy applications, has a wide range of applications available, great UI, and takes less technical skills to operate than some other competitors. Additionally, the active directory has great functionality, if we want to integrate any assets, then we can easily do it.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the performance of this solution others are slightly better such as Linux. This solution promotes its services only, in some of the integrations, it does not support external ones.

I have been using the solution for the last three years.

The solution is stable and the updates are done automatically. I have not had any major critical issue, but if there was, there is a big online community we can find a solution that is great. Otherwise, it is supported by Windows diagnostic within the software.

We have approximately 45 users using the solution in my company.

The support for Microsoft is very good.

We use Windows Server and Linux, they have different strengths and weaknesses in use cases. Linux feels a little lighter than this solution.

The installation is straightforward, there is not any difficulty and took approximately 35 minutes.

We did the implementation ourselves and a single person can do the deployment.

There is a license for this solution and the price could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

We are going to continue to use the solution and I recommend it to others.

I rate Windows Server a ten out of ten.

2016
More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.