Windows Server Review

Can be used to implement and configure Active Directory environments for organizations

What is our primary use case?

We use it to implement and configure Active Directory environments for organizations. Projects can be related to running WS systems as well as implementing and performing System Center Configuration Manager, assisting the OM, Operation Manager, and monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The biggest and the most important services used in most of the organizations in the world is the Active Directory. The policy management feature is a great option for managing different policies in the domain environment.

Also, integration with other Microsoft solutions like Exchange and System Center Configuration Manager has the great ability to manage all of the different features on system support, like upgrading, securing, and troubleshooting different Windows systems for clients.

What needs improvement?

I think integration with Linux operating systems would be a great idea, as well as focusing on the simplicity of running containers in the Linux environments. I think this would be a requirement for the next generation of applications running in .NET and Microsoft programming languages.

Microsoft should expand to integrate the Windows Server with Azure and Linux distribution to provide a simple container environment for running dockerized applications.

I've been using it for around 10 years.

It is scalable. We currently have around 30 engineers using the Windows Server, but we hope to increase this number.

The initial setup is very simple.

I implemented it myself.

One of the problems with Microsoft is the price of licensing, and volume licensing for educational systems is a great option to bequeath licensing for small businesses.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at nine.

For authentication and identity management, without a doubt, I would suggest using the Active Directory with Microsoft Windows Servers.

More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.