Aruba Instant OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aruba Instant is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless LAN tools. It is most often compared to Ubiquiti WLAN: Aruba Instant vs Ubiquiti WLAN

What is Aruba Instant?

Aruba Instant delivers the only controllerless Wi-Fi solution that is easy to set-up, and loaded with security and smarts needed to accelerate your business without breaking your budget.

Aruba Instant Buyer's Guide

Download the Aruba Instant Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Aruba Instant Customers

Purdue University, Orlando Magic, Brussels Airport Company, Molecaten Holiday Parks

Aruba Instant Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aruba Instant pricing:
  • "We only pay for the support and the contract licenses from Aruba Instant."
  • "The licensing cost is somewhere around $20,000."
  • "I purchased the hardware and there are no monthly or yearly licenses to buy."

JD
Network Administrator Telecom at a maritime company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Offers a lot of flexibility, almost everything can be configured

What is our primary use case?

We use Aruba Instant Access Points — one of the components of Instant Manager — to deploy wireless services to the ships that are running on the coast of Antwerp. This would be tug boats and other vessels in shipping that need communications capabilities.

• "The products offer a lot of flexibility. Almost everything can be configured. It works very well for providing remote services."
  • "The management component is difficult to understand and not very user-friendly which increases deployment time."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people considering this solution is that Aruba Instant Management is a very good group of products and it is very stable. Be aware that there is quite a learning curve for the AirWave management platform. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Aruba Instant Management as an eight-out-of-ten. It is not a nine or a ten because of the problem with the user-friendliness of the AirWave management platform. The products offer a lot of flexibility. Almost everything can be configured. There is only a problem with the one component that causes…
John JnrSawana
Apple Technician at Solution Centre
I have been having issues creating a guest portal, using Facebook authentication , it work for a bit and stops

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to control our networks.

• "The features I have found most valuable is that the solution creates a guest portal for guest networks, and setting up SSID authentication to the regular server."
  • "The captive portal through Facebook doesn't work."

What other advice do I have?

Aruba is a great product. I've used it for a couple of years and it's been working well. I haven't used Ruckus but from what I've seen, licenses for Ruckus should be renewed annually. You have to purchase the license to use the product. But with Aruba, you buy the product through the distributor, so it's yours and you don't have to buy any additional licenses. The only licenses that you buy are for AirWave, which is the monitoring software, or ClearPass, which is for guest access or onboarding. I rate this solution a nine out of ten. I would like to see an improvement with the captive portal…
Learn what your peers think about Aruba Instant. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VS
ICT Officer at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good central management of multiple devices, user-friendly, and good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in the business environment for the office network.

• "The central management of multiple devices is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "There was only ever one case in which an access point failed, but it was reintegrated. The issue was more of a matter of oversight. One part of the network had covered ten access points."

What other advice do I have?

We work off the latest version of the solution. I'm just using the system now for the management of devices. I haven't been adding devices recently, but in the last couple of years of using it, I haven't had a single technical problem with the solution. I'd recommend the solution to mid-level businesses like ours, with up to 100 employees. We're fully covered. Aruba is not bothering us with additional promotional materials and I don't need anything else. So far, for the level of users we have, I haven't really experimented with the solution or had to reach out to technical support or…
MP
IP Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Stable and scalable solution but still has usage kinks

• "In terms of stability, Aruba Instant is the best on the market."
  • "There is a problem in the preferred portal access points when I'm using the portal."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a seven. I would not give a ten because there is a problem in the preferred portal access points when I'm using the portal. The problem is - which access point is preferred for the virtual controller?
ThanadetKanlaphat
IT Consultant at Lotus Technology
Reseller
Good features menus and easy access with a simple cloud configuration

What is our primary use case?

We've used the solution for a project with a small hotel. We primarily used the solution for five access points. We use it for wifi access around the rooms.

• "The access it grants to wifi is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The reach of the solution could be improved. It could be a bit stronger."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a reseller of the solution. I'd advise others considering the solution to look at the scale of the project. If it's a rather small-scale project and the client doesn't need advanced features like a controller, Aruba is very good. If I have small projects, I find I focus on Aruba. It's better. However, if the project is more complex or complicated or has location challenges, Ruckus is better. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm not an engineer, and I didn't install the device personally, so I don't know too much about the technical side of the solution. If I did, maybe I would give…
UsaidRashid
Deputy Manager - Technical Services ICT-ELV at Eurostargroup
Enables you to handle all of the access points at once virtually instead of manually handling each one

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a base for our site office.

• "You can handle all of the access points at once virtually instead of manually handling each one. You're able to populate all of the information to all of the access points through the virtual controller as well. It transforms everything it a single access point, which simplifies things."
  • "The solution should be able to support more users on the access points."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I'd recommend the solution; I find it more stable than other options. I'd rate it nine out of ten.
Senior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has good integration with ClearPass and brilliant support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for basic Wi-Fi and also for the captive portal authentication with 802.1X MAC.

• "The integration with ClearPass is the most valuable feature."
  • "The meshing could use improvement but aside from that nothing else really needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. Since I bought this brought I would like to have Aruba Central for free. The product technically works fantastic but if I'm going to spend a couple of thousand rands on buying an access point, I'd like to have Aruba Central for free, for the equipment that I've purchased. That would be nice without purchasing the licenses because we've already purchased the hardware. My advice to someone considering this solution is to put it everywhere and get rid of Cisco.
ZE
IT Support Specialist at a transportation company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to install, has good performance, and solved our problem of lost data packets

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our wireless network. All of our wireless devices are on the Aruba network.

• "The most valuable feature is that it provides a redundant wireless connection for a client."
  • "This solution would be improved if they supplied free software controllers."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution that is easy to install and performs well. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
See 2 more Aruba Instant Reviews