Sisense Overview

What is Sisense?

Sisense is an end-to-end business analytics software that enables users to easily prepare and analyze large, complex datasets. Sisense’s Single-Stack BI software includes data preparation, data management, analysis, visualization and reporting capabilities.

Sisense Buyer's Guide

Download the Sisense Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Sisense Customers

Ebay, WIX, Wave Accounting, ESPN.com, Magellan Luxury Hotel, Paylogic, Sony, Merck, EDA, One Hour Translation, NASA, Plastic Jungle, Philips, Yahoo

Sisense Video

Sisense Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Cathy Stevens
Consultant at Advantage Tech
Sep 13, 2018
It has allowed me to move my data to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

I use Sisense to provide monthly information to executives and our sales team.

How has it helped my organization?

Sisense has helped us to migrate core functions of our previous tool in less than 90 days. The sales team used this information when communicating with customers.

What is most valuable?

I have found the dashboard creating feature helpful.  It has allowed me to move my data to the cloud.  The customer support and onboarding features have been great.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the filters to create downloaded data by moving them to the top of the dashboard.

Less than one year.

It was used to replace our BI tool,…
Chris Grimsley
Business Intelligence Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 16, 2018
A very simple setup: Easy to download, install, and updates are pain free

What is our primary use case?

Analytics and dashboards for product, sales, and marketing organizations. Merges data from many different data sources to deliver comprehensive views of the business.

• "​Allows users to build their own solutions without as much reliance on technology staff."
  • "Ability to work with very large data sources without the limitations of Excel."
  • "The dashboard design interface is very intuitive and allows you to quickly and easily produce professional, innovative dashboards."
  • "No issues with stability. It is a very stable solution."
  • "I would like to see more development and growth for the support of Knowledge Base and Community forums."
Find out what your peers are saying about Sisense, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Reporting Tools. Updated: February 2021.
466,017 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user792291
Head of Data Science at a recruiting/HR firm with 201-500 employees
Jan 14, 2018
Helped us gain knowledge about our customers, as well as highlighting data quality issues to correct

What is our primary use case?

Embedded Sisense into our web/mobile application for customers and internal users to able to generate reports and insight from the data we collect.

• "ElastiCube Manager is a very easy to use ETL tool, which includes the ability to easily transform raw data into reusable data."
  • "There are many built-in connectors, which allow us to easily add new sources of data, often in minutes."
  • "Sisense has helped us gain knowledge about our customers, as well as highlighting data quality issues to correct."
  • "I would love to have more customization capabilities for building dashboards, especially in creating custom widget sizes."
  • "I would also like to be able to run a bursts of reports based on different field values with PDF output right in the tool, rather than filtering on each field value and generating each PDF manually."
it_user794574
Director of Product - AI and Data Insights at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Dec 31, 2017
Allows us to execute heavy, complex computations on the fly

What is our primary use case?

Embedded analytics for Financial Technology provider. We are a multi-tenant SaaS provider servicing large global organizations. Sisense is our embedded BI solution for visualizing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics in our product.

• "Allows us to execute heavy, complex computations on the fly so customers can slice and dice the data based on their business needs."
  • "Whenever we have an issue or are unsure how to proceed, they manage to simplify the issue and help us execute it in a graceful and scalable way."
  • "The initial version we purchased only ran on Windows servers, which was less than ideal for our DevOps team. I believe that has been remedied in the latest release."
it_user765495
Senior IT Project Manager at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Nov 1, 2017
Reduced the time to complete quarterly reports to one day using the tool by creating dashboards

What is most valuable?

Visually displaying data Sorting results Filtering data Doing what-if analysis

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced time to complete paper-based quarterly reports from one month to one day using Sisense to create dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The administrative side of Sisense is a little cumbersome and confusing.

Two years.

Customer Service: The Sisense customer service group is fabulous. They answer all our questions and respond to our concerns in an efficient, effective manner. Technical Support: Top notch.

We implemented this in-house.
it_user688287
Staff Business Data Analyst/ Business Data Manager
Jun 21, 2017
A lot of the answers required by internal teams can be found much faster. Scenarios where there are discrepancies in the data can be found quickly by comparing disparate data sources.

• "The most valuable thing I have found is the ability for Sisense to connect data from totally different sources."
  • "Larger datasets will sometimes give a "Accumulated logs" error when trying to make minor changes. T"
it_user285666
Senior Data Architect at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
Feb 15, 2017
Dashboards are integrated into our web portal.
it_user605247
Manager, Advancement Information Services at NC State University
Feb 9, 2017
The ability to share metrics with our entire organization is valuable.

What is most valuable?

Build speed of large data sets. The ability to share metrics with our entire organization.

How has it helped my organization?

I was able to pull together many different types of data into one place and compare it.

What needs improvement?

Some flexibility with the labeling of visualizations would be nice.

I have used it for 2.5 years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service:…
it_user545385
Vice President of Information Technology at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Nov 3, 2016
The best features are the user-friendly interface and ability to deploy efficiently.
it_user303936
Network & Systems Administrator at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 31, 2016
The ODBC feature allows unsupported data sources, when drivers are available. It has no native support for week as a data dimension.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important to understand that Sisense is a startup-type company and you will not get a super feature-rich product (like Tableau). In exchange, you get dedicated support and a lot of customization options. As long as you're OK with this, you'll like the product.
it_user465615
Directeur des Systèmes d'Informations at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Jun 22, 2016
Integration of multiple data sources such as Excel and SQL databases is one of the top features.
it_user445254
Business Analyst - Canada at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
May 23, 2016
It allows you to clean your data and prepare a frame for less experimented users to work with through the web interface.
it_user436872
Director, Business Operations at a university with 51-200 employees
May 15, 2016
For the price point, this tool is on par with many other BI tools out there.
it_user373452
PROJECT MANAGER - Fleet production optimization & monitoring. Quarry/Mining/Construction at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 18, 2016
Has allowed me switch to visual programming as I have access to all advanced database functionalities and features but don't need to code.
it_user210372
Product Owner of Business Intelligence at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 20, 2015
Easy to Deploy, Easy to Manage, Easy for End-Users; Sisense represents what a BI company should be: Intuitive and scaleable for large sets of data.

What other advice do I have?

The sales process was excellent. We opted to do a proof of concept, and we were able to test all of our requested functionality prior to buying the product. They also guided us through the proof of concept, and offered a great deal of support. The sales process was one of the best sales experiences we went through. Our customers love the product. When we demonstrate Sisense's capability against their data, they wonder how they existed without Sisense.
it_user318681
Data Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sep 26, 2015
It's more efficient than running queries in MySQL to get data and generate reports, but it lacks connections to statistical packages like R and SAS.

Valuable Features:

It has a very easy-to-use interface and we are able to create custom tables and fields that allow us do advanced analytics.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have MySQL, and we used to run queries to get data and generate reports in Excel and Google Doc. Sisense can do both in a much much faster way, which drives our reporting efficiency into another level.

Room for Improvement:

Sisense doesn't have connections with statistical packages like R, SAS, etc.
it_user316401
Business Analyst at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 23, 2015
We're able to do ad-hoc analysis and develop dashboards instead of working with Excel, but I would like an option to plug in any data from any source.

What other advice do I have?

Overall I think, it is a fantastic value-for-money analysis tool and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who looks for a up-to-date BI solution that can be customized to your specific needs. We are happy with the choice and look forward to all the planned future developments.
it_user283770
Director of Information Systems at a logistics company with 51-200 employees
Aug 19, 2015
Dashboards are quick and combine multiple data sources.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent customer service and staff dedicated to their customer's success. You get what you pay for with Sisense (in a good way).
it_user290661
VP of Technology with 51-200 employees
Aug 17, 2015
It has an easy-to-use API and the ability to handle very large datasets.
We chose Sisense for a rip-and-replace of Tableau 9.0. After our initial implementation of Tableau, and as our data set grow, we quickly ran into major performance, stability, and usability issues. We went with Sisense because of its ease-of-use, visualizations built for the web, easy-to-use API, and, most importantly, its performance and ability to handle very large datasets. Other key features are how Sisense manages multi tenancy and its visualization plugin support. This give sus the ability to support our use case and build our own custom visuals as needed. We have been very pleased with our experience with Sisense to date. Our sales team is very excited about the slick dashboards we can put together with very quick turnaround times. Although its plugin support mitigates…
it_user5220
Senior Manager of IT at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 18, 2015
The rapid development of the product is good, but it has limited inner join functionality of the cubes. ​

What other advice do I have?

Understand your business hierarchies intimately. Create flattened data files for roll-ups.
it_user255201
Director of Commercial Solutions with 51-200 employees
Jun 15, 2015
We leveraged support from Sisense's technical folks on multiple occasions and they were always knowledgeable and helpful.

What other advice do I have?

Sisense is an excellent tool set, hitting all of the BI sweet spots and stacking up very well against the top players in the BI market. Sisense shines especially well in the pre-sales support area. The sales and technical staff are the most supportive and responsive of any of the vendors we dealt with, hands down.
it_user191007
Section Editor: Print Software at a printing company with 51-200 employees
Apr 22, 2015
Very easy solution to use. For very complicated blended data from multiple sources we would like Sisense to add a "nerd mode".
it_user183096
Techno-Functional Consultant at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Jan 19, 2015
You can easily make decisions based on the visualizations however the ability to handle larger data sets needs work

What other advice do I have?

You should have adequate SQL skills as this will come in handy. Else, prepare to have some fun slicing and dicing data.
it_user90066
Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feb 19, 2014
Great dashboards, speed and support for 3rd party JS library graphical components
We acquired SiSense a month ago and absolutely love it. It allows quickly delivering staining dashboards. It is fast, blazingly fast in both data retrieval and graphics rendering. I was impressed by the fact it permits third party/free JS library graphical components plugged right in. All of the above and the superb customer support plus the willingness of the SiSense staff to make you a success puts SiSense apart from the competition.
it_user1122
Infrastructure Expert at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 18, 2013
Very good product, would recommend in the future.

What other advice do I have?

Thoroughly research before you decide to implement. This meets the needs of most clients that I have offered it to, but some have outright rejected it due to lacking visualization and readouts.
it_user68067
Head of Data Analytics at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Oct 31, 2013
We have worked with both Qlikview and Tableau but switched to SiSense for functionality and value
For how long have you used this product? - 4 years Which features of this product are most valuable to you? - It's lightweight, good value, easy to implement and work with, easy to hookup data sources to and create dashboards. Can you give an example of how this product has improved the way your organization functions? - We're an agency, we used to do our client reporting in excel. With SiSense we can send them automatically generated professional reports. Right now, we use it for the more complex dashboarding projects with several data sources and serve them out through the web. What areas of this product have room for improvement? - In terms of visualization there is still some room for improvement. For our more demanding customers in this field we…
it_user12075
VP of Development with 51-200 employees
Oct 21, 2013
Our company also evaluated Tableau and QlikView but chose Prism for excellent ability to deal with large volumes of data
On a scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best), how would you rate this product overall compared to similar products? - Hard to answer because I have little experience with other products. The ability to deal with large volumes of data is excellent, and is very valuable for us. For how long have you used this product? - 1.5 years. Which features of this product are most valuable to you? - Flexibility and ease of design of dashboards. - Handling large data sets. Can you give an example of how this product has improved the way your organization functions? - SiSense has allowed us to offer a browser based business intelligence solution for our customers much faster than we could have done on our own. What areas of this product have room for improvement? -…
it_user8619
BI Expert with 51-200 employees
Oct 20, 2013
We evaluated Tableau, QlikView, Tibco, Microstrategy, SAP, IBM and others but chose SiSense
For how long have you used this product? - 6 months Which features of this product are most valuable to you? - Agile development of dashboards & reports - I like SiSense's agility in building the report and analysis. It's report development environment is fast, easy-to-use and sees results instantly. It's easy to build reports with business users together and going through multiple iterations in a short period of time. - Manage unified data model & data mash-up. - The ability to define unified data-model universes is imperative to build an enterprise-level BI solution. SiSense's ElastiCube allows us to do just that. - To crunch large amount of data fast. - We found that Sisense performs in large volume of data without heavy investment in hardware and IT expertise. The…
it_user9189
Business Analyst at a leisure / travel company with 51-200 employees
Top Reviewer
Oct 16, 2013
Using the right tool for the right job
Recently, we have added our Google Adword and other Marketing spend in to Prism and have linked this with our bookings, giving a ROI (Return on Investment) at Company Level, Destination, Resort and Hotel Level, so we use Prism to drill down showing the Gross Profit and Cost down to Hotel Level, we also then link in competitor pricing data in to the report also, this by far is the most useful report in the Business so worth some sort of mention. There is a bit of history to this report, we contracted a Developer who had been working for the company for a while to use the Google Adword API to get to the stage where we can use this data linked with our booking data to automatically adjust bid prices, and also use this to add new campaigns etc, and the dashboard reporting was a big part of…
it_user9945
COO with 51-200 employees
Sep 15, 2013
SiSense offered the most cost efficient and end-user friendly solution.
I am COO of an on-line travel agency which advertises and lives on-line but handles all bookings by phone or email. Our data analysis requirements span the usual gamut of online advertising via multiple search engines, direct advertising, call center management, lead conversion and efficiency as well as product and demographic performance analysis. To this end, we had assessed competitive products and IT was already testing a leading in-memory technology – but the that product fit was sub-par and we quickly stopped the trial. The solution required specialist IT resources to work with the tool proprietary scripts and consultants to work with and modify the application for our needs. This was not a cost effective way for our business to invest in BI, nor did it simplify our decision making…
it_user9936
Finance Expert at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sep 15, 2013
We evaluated other solutions such as Microsoft, but chose SiSense to fulfill all of our requirements
Our company considers itself a next-generation technological company, and its organizational structure and operations are highly automated. Instead of employing a standard monolithic ERP system (e.g., SAP), we have built our IT infrastructure using corporate-environment open-source standards. Automation is approached from a decentralized perspective based on this open-source IT backbone. In other words, our company uses different software packages for different functions and ties them together to form an enterprise collaboration platform. The result is impressive: we enjoy no-compromise IT functionality and flexibility with extremely low software costs. It was into this environment that our company sought to integrate a reporting and analytics tool. Our company’s operational and historical…
it_user9930
COO with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 15, 2013
We chose SiSense for agility, rapid analysis and extremely short implementation time
We were looking for a way to easily track and analyze key business metrics, such as revenue channels and customer segments, and to generate detailed operational performance reports. Since the company’s operational data consists of about 20M records in a 100GB MySQL database, the solution had to easily integrate with MySQL and quickly process large amounts of data. Before using Prism, we used various piecemeal solutions to try achieve the reporting and analytics it needed, including manual analysis and home-grown software. Some of our analytics requirements were not being met at all. Our company explored the possibility of expanding development of its in-house analytics software development, but deemed it too expensive and time-consuming. Our company then evaluated BI solutions from…
it_user9927
Head of Data Analytics at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Sep 15, 2013
We evaluated Tableau, QlikView and MicroStrategy but decided on Prism because of improved data extraction and analysis
At my company, theft-related information was available from several unconnected sources, but without a central database or tools to analyze, our company’s management feared they might not be making the most of their data. The team tasked with finding a solution identified three major goals: 1. Since organizing and aggregating data from various locations drained time and ate up the data team’s resources, our business intelligence solution would have to reduce the workload associated with pulling theft data from multiple sources. 2. Far more theft-related data was available than the team really needed, so simplifying the information after it had been aggregated in one place was the next step. Theft-prevention measures were designed around very basic information: what is being stolen, and…
it_user9189
Business Analyst at a leisure / travel company with 51-200 employees
Top Reviewer
Sep 15, 2013
We Considered Cognos, Hyperion, QlikView and BO, but Chose SiSense for Usability, Performance and Low TCO
My team needs to provide information and analysis about numerous aspects of the company’s activity to a wide range of business functions across the company. Examples include detailed Web behaviour analytics, Google Adword spend tracking, email marketing activity tracking, booking pattern analysis for each type of booking and Financial P&L. We require dashboards and reports that include interactive drill-down features so that each user can quickly find information and discover useful insights without requiring the involvement of IT or external consultants. Before implementing Prism, we were using Excel and an OLAP cube, but this approach didn’t provide an effective way to build nice dashboards or deliver an easy drill-down interface. Also, IT involvement was required to modify the cube…