Adobe Connect Review
Enables me to create varying layouts and customize the learning experience

What is most valuable?

I love that I can create classes and that they are "persistent" which means they can be reused over and over again. I can completely set up my course and, at the end, can easily clean the room and use it another time.

I also love the fact I can create different layouts so that I can customize my learning experience based on the learning objectives in my course. It offers a ton of flexibility and allows me to be creative in my course designs.

I also love that I can have named Chat pods that I can use for a variety of purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

We can offer quality, interactive, and engaging learning experiences without the high cost of travel and time away from the office. With Adobe Connect you can offer virtual solutions that can be as impactful, if not more so, than face to face training. We take advantage of "chunking" content into smaller pieces and can deliver them over a period of time, thereby improving the chances of learners retaining what we are teaching.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on the VoIP capabilities. It just does not work effortlessly as some other products do.

Four years.

I had some issues recently but they seem to have resolved. They lasted about two months.

I do not.

Good.

I used to use WebEx but switched to Adobe Connect because of the features mentioned above.

Adobe Connect does require some training and practice to become proficient. In terms of actual setup from the vendor, that is not difficult. Implementation will depend on how you will be using the product and answering some questions before you begin will be helpful in the long run. For example, will you have multiple license owners, will you share content, will you want participants to be able to register for classes, how will you integrate the audio, and what are the implications of your choices? These are some things that need to be thought out in advance.

This is a very broad question and depends on the scope of the implementation.

WebEx.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to seek a professional's help so that you can fully understand just how robust this product is. Beyond just creating the pods and layouts, it is facilitation and design techniques that can make your course fantastic and stand out from the rest.