Adobe Experience Manager Review
Helps standardize the branding of pages across an enterprise.

What is most valuable?

Integration is the most valuable feature because it is the main selling point for customers.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps standardize the branding of pages across an enterprise by locking down what can be entered into page types.

What needs improvement?

The idea was to make it easy for the marketing teams, but it requires engineers who are hard to find and expensive to employ.

I have used this solution for three years.

Overall, there were no stability issues; I have found bugs and workarounds, like on any other platform.

There were no scalability issues as such. It is hard to auto scale on AWS because of the customization, but since AEM is an enterprise-level platform, sites can be provisioned for worldwide use.

The technical support for AEM has to be at a very high level to begin with, so, I've worked with some amazing people; Adobe hires some great people. Working with Adobe technical support was great, although it can take time for the back and forth, as they have to understand the details surrounding your issue.

I used to make WordPress sites. AEM is a CMS and so much more, it requires more of my skills. Companies usually switch because they can integrate more marketing tools easily with their website. Many companies have migrated from SharePoint.

The setup was complex due to the learning curve. Integration requires some planning ahead and communication between various IT factions. Often, the digital marketing departments may feel isolated.

First, you're going to spend a lot more than you think.

I never purchased it but yes, it's very expensive, so companies have to think about how to justify the cost and have to look at alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

Have a good relationship with budgeting and your various in-house IT divisions; have them understand the needs of digital marketing.