AlgoSec Review

The FireFlow feature stops users from overriding policies.

What is most valuable?

FireFlow, because you cannot override policies.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to add more vendors to support.

What needs improvement?

Validation: Many times I have to generate a report to validate tickets. When I try to verify an AlgoSec ticket that has been implemented, I have an option to validate the work I did. Many times, it has not worked immediately. I have to generate a report based on which I can check my work.

After implementation new rules on firewall algosec is not immediately aware about it. I have to make synchronization between algosec and firewall. In algosec is called analyze firewall. It is possible schedule this analyze more often but it consuming a lot of device resources like CPU, memory etc so I have this analyses one per day. After this analyze I am able make validation of implementation which I did because algosec can see rule which I added.

I have been using it for five years.

Technical support is quite OK.

AlgoSec provides different types and levels of support. I recommend asking about 24/7 support and being careful when deciding which support to buy.

Initial setup was straightforward because we got support from vendor.

If you are implementing it for the first time, it is good to ask vendor for help.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product to use.

6.9
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with Tufin
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.