The configuration backup feature is helpful to restore configuration when the config file is corrupted
What is our primary use case?
AlgoSec helps us audit and track changes made to firewall rule configuration. We are able to see network administrator's activities on the firewall. The feature of backup firewall configurations as scheduled is very useful to restore firewall configurations.
How has it helped my organization?
It has helped us to clean up and optimize the firewall rule sets by identifying duplicate rules, covered rules, and even rules that have not received hits within a defined period. The baseline of in-built policies such as PCI DSS helps us maintain good security ratings in compliance with regulatory standards.
What is most valuable?
- Track new rules
- Modified rules and deleted rules
- The configuration backup feature is also helpful to restore configuration when the config file is corrupted.
What needs improvement?
- The font size on the Changes Summary Report is very small when reading the print out copy.
- AlgoSec can look at ways to include a change management workflow process or integrate with third-party ticketing solutions.
- Explore ways to detect unused port numbers per firewall rules.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
The solution is very stable. Updates are also readily available upon release.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Jan 21 2019
More AlgoSec reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.