AlgoSec Review

Provides a good optimization function that matches our needs related to other vendors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case was the firewall policy cleaning and optimisation, plus compliance control and some change auditing.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec provides a good optimization function that matches our needs related to other vendors. It allows us to clean useless rules and objects.

What is most valuable?

We are only using Firewall Analyzer, which is really good compared to other vendors. The other features (FireFlow and BusinessFlow) still aren't mature, and their licensing is expensive.

What needs improvement?

The production needs to be smarter and maybe have some AI capabilities to provide better firewall optimization and workflow integration.

The solution is more stable than in the past.

The report takes time, and the virtual appliance is a resource consumer.

The documentation is clear. The support is available but restricted to some requests that need advance service (not free).

Yes, AlgoSec provides a better solution for the firewall rule optimization that matches our production need.

The initial setup was simple, and only firewall integration could take time due to some complex interaction.

The implementation was in-house; the product is still simple to manage.

Reduced the firewall load due to a good rule table and then extended the firewall life cycle.

Compare with other products to see which one matches the best their needs.

Tufin, Skybox.

What other advice do I have?

v2018.2
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.