AlgoSec Review

Policy optimization, visibility, and a faster change management process has reduced unnecessary times required for manually changing processes

What is our primary use case?

As a value-added distributor, we sell the AlgoSec solution primarily to financial institutions and Telcos. This is done through our partner network. The main use case we see is process automation. Customers can manage several firewalls or network devices with a single pane of glass.

How has it helped my organization?

Policy optimization, visibility, and a faster change management process has reduced unnecessary times required for manually changing processes. The resources are now utilized more effectively for other areas.

What is most valuable?

• Risk Analyzing: Short time analysis and accuracy
  • Policy Optimization: Removing garbage policy rules and improving the performance of network devices
  • Compliance: For Audits in the short term

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the rollback process.

What we would like to see in the future is related to support. For integration with newly supported devices, we require a proper support matrix with an escalation process.

In regards to stability, there is no complexity. We have not seen many faults reported by our customers. Faults are rectified quickly.

AlgoSec facilitates several form factors where customers can choose different options, including both hardware and software. For CloudFlow customers, we now have the SaaS model as well.

The support from the AlgoSec team is prompt and helps to rectify the issues in a timely manner.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward for many of our customers. However, when we integrate with some newly supported network devices there is a challenge in getting support from the AlgoSec team.

As the distributor, all of the implementations for our customers was done by our own engineers.

Depending on the customer it takes between twelve months and eighteen months to see ROI.

The pricing is flexible with a low cost setup.

There is no complexity in the licensing methods.

As a distributor, we took AlgoSec as a complementary product to Fortinet, which was one of our main products.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.