AlgoSec Review

Provides us with alerts on policy changes in near real time

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are for risk and compliance, policy optimization, and change management automation.

For instance, with AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer Policy Optimization we can easily find unused rules, shadowed rules, unattached objects, and much more. This allows us to clean-up and thus improve performance.

How has it helped my organization?

With AlgoSec we can improve performance, simplify manageability, and tighten security. One of the quick wins is to view our device status easily, with out-of-the-box dashboards and charts. A nice capability is the reporting, with a dedicated BI tool having access to all of our key AlgoSec data.

What is most valuable?

One of the best features is the possibility to monitor all policy changes in near real time and to receive automatic alerts on changes. The AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer security rating visibility is also very useful, helping identify and mitigate firewall policy risks.

What needs improvement?

The reporting component of AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer is something that, in my view, has room for improvement.

It will be welcome in a future version the possibility of having greater granularity, for example when defining the information that we want to see in the reports, to define customized reports by group / user and to make a scheduled sent of the reports.

Being more specific, in our use case for operational teams the report to send would only be the summary of changes of all the rules of a day by Firewall. Focused, without adding unnecessary information.

Other use case is for GRC teams. The report to send should only be the summary of risk changes of a week or a month, per Firewall. Again focused, without adding unnecessary information.

Less than one year.

Very stable, with no issues to report.

This solution has a great scalability capacity.

The customer service for this solution is ok.

Although we had not previously used any solution for Security Policy Management, AlgoSec emerged as a great solution with broad vendor support and a dynamic attitude.

The initial setup is straightforward, but also complex because of the onboarding of different vendors.

Be prepared for a long deployment and optimization time, which in the end is typical for these kinds of solutions.

Our implementation was done using a vendor and in-house mixed team with good expertise.

We have looked at the main competitors, which are FireMon and Tufin.

What other advice do I have?

Enjoy Firewall Security Management and Automation.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.