AlgoSec Review

Improves efficiency within our firewall setup and enables us to react faster to incoming requests

What is our primary use case?

Our company has a very large technical estate, with over 90,000 staff and 80,000 computing devices, it was imperative that we found a firewall security management tool that allowed us to speed up the process of change requests when it comes to our firewall IPS team, as they were becoming overwhelmed with the volume of requests.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec has improved our organization in terms of improving efficiency within our firewall setup. It has added automation to working process that has helped us achieve our initial goal of reacting faster to incoming requests, which as a result of allows the relevant teams time to focus on other areas of importance.

What is most valuable?

The best feature for us is the ability to automate the change requests that come through our service desk, which is done via the tool's intelligence to analyze the conditional rules. As previously mentioned, this used to be a big time sink for the guys which is now less of an issue. This means that the company can claim back valuable man-hours for other means (also showing a labour cost saving to the board).

What needs improvement?

For the most part, this AlgoSec tool does meet our needs. If I was to think of any improvements I think the main one that stands out to me is confidence in future proofing. A good example is that we are looking at various SOAR which we'd like it to be fully compatible with (but not entirely convinced it is yet). Lastly, I have also heard a few qualms about the technical support and that it could be improved. However, this doesn't detract from the value the tool brings to our business.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.