AlgoSec Review

Easy to use with good FW optimization and logging capabilities

What is our primary use case?

AlgoSec is used on a daily basis by both our IT and IS groups to manage BAU and FW change requests. It integrates with ServiceNow, PaloAlto, and our SIEM tool. It helps to perform FW cleanup, regulations requirement, FW migration projects, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec has helped me in the last three companies that I have worked for. I was working to do Firewall migration projects, FW cleanups of risky rules (FW policy optimization), process def between IT and IS, audit, SOC reports, GRC support, and Cloud support in both native and Hybrid environments that we use.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are:

• Great visibility for High-risk firewall rules
  • Mapping business risks
  • Mapping risky applications
  • Informative regulation reports for PCI-DSS, ISO 27001 and many more
  • FW cleanup recommendation
  • Easy logging capabilities with leading SIEM products in both LEEF and Syslog formats

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Bi-Directional API support in order to integrate with SOAR platforms that provide SOC automation and IRR.

Integration with CISO dashboards would be an improvement.

It would be nice to have support for IaaS, CASB, and DLP tools, which will allow full life cycle management of security incidents.

It would be nice to have an out of the box "best practices recommendation" with the relevant "what-ifs".

Ten years.

This solution scaled to our entire enterprise in a seamless way.

We also used Tufin, but AlgoSec provided us better visibility and ease of use.

My advice is that you must do a POC and show value.

We did not evaluate options other than AlgoSec and Tufin.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.