AlgoSec Review

Traffic simulation allows for testing before release into production

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for managing an environment with more than five thousand registered devices across firewalls, routers, balancers, and VMware. Highly critical banking environment.

We use FireFlow as our primary ticket management tool.

How has it helped my organization?

With AlgoSec, it was able to conduct the environment so that it was possible to get more accurate and fast information about the changes that the environment went through.

It has reduced the time for firewall rule requests to be implemented in the environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is traffic simulation because, with this function, it has become more practical to know if something is released or blocked in my environment.

IPT is valuable because this function is of great help to have a more effective security policy.

What needs improvement?

I believe Active Change needs to be improved because not all products are supported, and some functions cannot be implemented by Active Change either.

Technical support needs to find solutions more quickly.

Active Change could implement routes in Firewalls, it should also be able to perform the creation of APP control and URL filter rules.

We have been using this solution for six years.

In general, it is a stable product. We have rarely had a problem that resulted in the total unavailability of the solution.

AlgoSec requires a large amount of processing power to perform its tasks, making it a piece of equipment that always requires monitoring to be optimally optimized.

Some troubleshooting took months to resolve. So, I think we have to improve this point.

I used Nipper and FireMon, but I started using AlgoSec due to the great recommendations I received.

The architecture was defined with one master, four slaves, and one remote.

Our internal team handled the deployment.

I do not have many details of this commercial part.

I evaluated FireMon and Nipper in addition to this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Many users have the tool but don't use it with everything it can offer. What I recommend is that you explore all of the features of the product.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.