AlgoSec Review

Improves efficiency and network visibility, scalable, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for AlgoSec is managing firewalls and to introduce a workflow system for requesting access through firewalls, which is fully integrated with them.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides faster go to market with fewer resources. In one system, users are able to request access through the firewall for business services, which can be approved by the appropriate team and can be implemented automatically by the system itself. Furthermore, users are able to track whether one particular access is blocked on any of firewalls or not, etc.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable modules are Firewall Analyzer and FireFlow. FireFlow is the workflow system, whereas Analyzer is the module responsible for tracking the configuration of firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, etc.

There are many more useful features that cannot be listed here in a detailed manner.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to see what objects have the same IP, but different names in different firewalls. Since the system is able to show all of the objects for the integrated devices, it can be confusing if one particular object (eg. IP address/host) has different names in different firewalls.

I have been using AlgoSec for two years.

We have not experienced any problem with the system.

The system can be run on virtual machines, so we don't have any issue with scalability.

I would rate the technical support with five stars. :-)

We always received the necessary help quite fast, and the answers were valuable.

We didn't have a similar system before this solution.

It was not so complex and didn't take more than several days until we integrated all of the important networking devices.

It was implemented by a vendor, they had the necessary expertise.

Actually, I cannot really estimate because I am responsible for the operation of the system. I can say that we have saved some resources with the automatic implementation feature.

I propose to purchase licenses for all of the networking devices in the network, because if not all of the devices are integrated then the query of particular access cannot be discovered entirely.

We have chosen this system after evaluation (RFQ). The other competitor was Tufin.