AlgoSec Review

Comparison functionality and good reporting help improve visibility and keep us secure

What is our primary use case?

Our first use case is the homogenization of important rules for a large number of firewall-enabled devices in our corporate network.

With one click, we have at our disposal everything we consider important and in this way we do not have to enter each device to verify the information.The AlgoSec Security Management Suite collects all of this information.

The most important thing is to have all of the information in one application. At a glance, we can see security problems and possible issues in the future. In this way, we can be proactive and solve problems before they happen.

How has it helped my organization?

With AlgoSec Security Management we have many advantages.

We have all of the information about the firewall devices that we have at risk, either because there is a firewall policy with some open protocol that can give us security problems later, or because long-unused rules present a security hole.

We have collected all of the alerts for each of the firewalls, which helps to identify devices that are in need of a more in-depth analysis.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to compare policies with certain established and accepted configurations and values.

We have the option to generate several security reports for our firewall devices, such as what policies were created, what cluster they were created in, and which pose a risk either because they have been obsolete for a long time or because they have very specific technical specifications. Examples of this are open ports that are totally vulnerable or declared services that violate security.

All of the reports can be exported to PDF, meaning that we can send them to the different departments to study the cases and determine whether these rules are necessary. If not, then they can be eliminated to optimize the system.

What needs improvement?

It would be very helpful to have a direct link to the relevant firewall policy embedded within reports when there are warnings or risks indicated. Regardless of how serious the risk is, we could jump to the policy with a single click. In this way, the administration would be much easier and we would not have to be changing the screen every time we want to look at or modify something in our firewall. I understand that they are third-party software packages that can achieve this, but it would be more comfortable to have it integrated.

We have been using AlgoSec for two or three years.

The stability of this solution is very good.

Scalability is very good.

We have had no problem with technical support. Different incidents have been resolved without major complications.

The first solution that we used in this category was AlgoSec.

The initial setup is not complex.

Our in-house team performed the deployment with help from the vendor team. The expertise was good.

The price is within the standard of security products.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

Hybrid Cloud
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.